Images of dialect maps, rare books, and other material
- Collection of the Research Library for Study of the Japanese Language History
The Research Library owns valuable archives for research into Japanese language history and development of the historical corpus, digital images of the archives can be browsed online.
- Images of The Tale of Genji Manuscript Book at the Library of Congress
This database provides images of the Tale of Genji manuscript at the Library of Congress (LC, LC Control No.: 2008427768), using a viewer that displays images of original texts and transliterated texts side-by-side. Kiritsubo, Suma and Kashiwagi are accessible.
- Full Text Database of Kokugogaku
The full text of Kokugogaku (the former journal of the Society for Japanese Linguistics) can be searched for online.
- Images of the Amakusa edition of Heike monogatari, Isoho monogatari and Kinkushū in the British Library collection
This database provides images of the Amakusa edition of Heike monogatari, Isoho monogatari, Kinkushū, Kotoba no yawarage and Japanese-Portuguese vocabulary in the British Library collection (BL, Shelfmark: Or.59.aa.1). All images are in the public domain.
- Images and Transcription of Isoho monogatari in the British Library collection
This site provides a viewer that displays the Amakusa edition’s images (‘Esopo no fabulas’ [Isoho monogatari]) and its transliterated texts side-by-side.
- NINJAL Hentaigana Database
This site provides a database and a viewer that indexes glyph images of Hentaigana by reading, base form, and Unicode ID.
It has functions such as mutual links with source images and options to display the source image and the transliterated text side by side.