Other Downloadable Data
Other downloadable data
- Bunrui Goihyo (Word List by Semantic Principles, Revised and Enlarged Edition)
Bunrui Goihyo is a Japanese thesaurus. This database version was built by incorporating the contents of the Bunrui Goihyo book edition (revised and enlarged edition). It was created in the CSV file format to enable uploading into data organization software. The total number of records is 101,070.
- Linguistic Survey of Two Million Characters in Contemporary Magazines (1994)
These frequency lists are part of the outcomes of ‘A Survey of Vocabulary in Contemporary Magazines (1994)’ carried out at the National Institute for Japanese Language from 2001 to 2005.
- “Honorifics in Japanese Schools”: Results from Questionnaires
Data from the questionnaire survey on the use and awareness of the honorifics among junior high school and high school students carried out from 1989 to 1990 by the National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics. In all, 2,456 junior high school students from Tokyo and 339 from Yamagata, 2,222 high school students from Tokyo and 1,004 from Osaka took part in the survey.
- Data and Program Release
Complete data from the Grammar Atlas of Japanese Dialects (GAJ), PDF files of GAJ, tools and contents for mapping linguistic (dialectal) maps, results of preliminary study for GAJ, and database of linguistic (dialectal) atlases of Japanese dialects are published.
- The Databese of the Okazaki Survey of Honorifics
This database is the result of the honorifics survey in Okazaki City of Aichi Prefecture which was headed by the National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics. The OSH (Okazaki Survey of Honorifics) was conducted in the years 1953, 1972, and 2008, and shows real-time changes over a span of 55 years following the war.
- Okinawa-go (Ryukyu dialect) dictionary database
Electric data of Okinawago Jiten (Okinawa Language Dictionary), published 1963 and revised 2001.
- Electric data of Research on basic vocabulary for learners of Japanese
Electric data of Nihongo-kyouiku no tame no Kihon-goi Chosa (Research on basic vocabulary for learners of Japanese.), published 1984.
- Electric data of Association Word Lists of Children
Electric data of Yoji Jido no Rensou Goihyo (Association Word Lists of Children), published 1981.
- Accent Database of Koshikijima Japanese
This is an accent database of Koshikijima Japanese, a dialect spoken on the Koshikijima Islands in Kagoshima Prefecture. It is an endangered dialect with about 3,000 native speakers.
- Longitudinal Database of Dialect Standardization in Tsuruoka City
This is a database of the standardization of Tsuruoka Dialect based on longitudinal surveys conducted in 1950, 1971, 1991, 2011.
- A Cineradiograph of Japanese Pronunciation
The Cineradiograph of articulatory movement of Japanese filmed in 1965 and 1967.
- Hideo Teramura: Collected Papers on Adnominal Modification
This site presents English translations of several of the research contributions of the late Professor Hideo Teramura (1928-1990), who contributed greatly to the development of the fundamentals of Japanese language studies and Japanese language education through the 1970s and 1980s.
- Text Data Sets for Research on the History of Japanese
This website provides the data sets (txt, xml, etc.) for research on the history of Japanese.
- Datasets of “Texts of Tape-Recorded Conversations in Japanese Dialects”
Machine readable text files and audio files of “Texts of Tape-Recorded Conversations in Japanese Dialects” published in 1978-1987.
- Datasets of “Dialect Recordings Series”
Machine readable text files and audio files of “Dialect Recordings Series” published in 1978-1987.
- Transcription of The Tale of Genji Manuscript Book at the Library of Congress
This database provides the transcription of the Tale of Genji manuscript at the Library of Congress (LC, LC Control No.: 2008427768), and it has the function of full-text search.
- Wokototen-zu Database
This is the Database of Wokototen-zu which is a reading mark chart of vernacular reading of a Chinese texts. It can search Wokototen by the type, position, shape, meaning of the Wokototen.
- Kunten Database
This is the Database of gloss information (Kunten information) on Shangshu (printed in the late 16th century) at the National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics.