- This site is administered by the National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics (hereafter NINJAL).
- Permission is freely granted to link to this site.
- Copyright for the contents (information) appearing on this site (barring any stated stipulations) is reserved by NINJAL.
- Before using this site in print media, CD-ROM, VTR, or broadcasting, please contact here in advance. Furthermore, for each page, if specific instructions are provided, please follow those instructions.
- For inquiries concerning specific pages on this site, please address questions to the contacts provided on the respective pages. Concerning pages for which a contact is not specified, please address your inquiries here.
- This site uses Google Analytics to gather statistics on visitors' use of the site. For further information, please see Analytics Help Center.
- Basic policy
- With respect to the website of the National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics (hereafter, the NINJAL Website), there are instances where personal information is collected to the extent that it is necessary in the process of applying for materials or events, or for answering inquiries. This data is handled appropriately in conformance with the provisions of the National Institutes for the Humanities.
- Range of application of the policy
- Our policy with regard to the protection of personal information applies to the NINJAL Website. Regarding entities other than NINJAL accessed through links provided on the NINJAL Website, NINJAL can assume no liability concerning the handling of personal information.
- Purpose of use
- Personal information collected through the NINJAL Website is used, depending on the administrative task at issue, for the following purposes:
- making a reply (for people making a request or inquiry);
- distributing our e-mail newsletter (for people subscribing to the NINJAL E-mail Magazine);
- (for people applying to participate in events) administrating events conducted by NINJAL (registering participants, sending out announcements and venue information);
- (for people applying to use materials or databases) registration and confirmation of identity for permission to use materials, databases, etc. held by NINJAL
- Restrictions on using information or providing information to third parties
- Except in those instances prescribed by law, personal information collected through the NINJAL Website will neither be used for purposes other than those already made explicit, nor be provided to third parties, without the consent of the person in question.
- Security measures
- In conformance with the Regulations on the Protection of Personal Information Held by the National Institutes for the Humanities, NINJAL establishes an Administrator for the Protection of Personal Information, and an Official In Charge of the Protection of Personal Information, and puts in place necessary measures for the prevention of leakage, loss, or destruction of collected information, and for the appropriate management of collected information.